No job is too big or small. Whether it’s Christmas tree stands or 125,000 lb crane pedestals, Alafab can handle the job.
Our processing department consists of a 11′ wide x 42′ long high def. ESAB plasma unit, 1/2″ x 10″ Roundo plate bending rolls, 6″ x 6″ x 5/8 Roundo angle & pipe rolls, saws, iron workers, etc.
We also apply hard surfacing and tungsten carbide overlays for high wear/high impact areas as needed.
Alafab has welders who are AWS D1.1 and DNV certified for flux cored and sub arc.
Alafab has a complete machine shop that includes small lathes and milling machines to vertical mills that wing 104″ diameter.
- Engine Lathes
- American 18″ swing x 96″ LG
- Kingston 24″ swing 96″ LG
- Monarch 32″ swing x 20-0″ LG
- LeBlond 32″ swing x 26′-0″ LG
- Vertical Boring Mill
- Bullard Cut Master 48″ swing x 36″ under rail
- King 74″ swing x 52″ under rail
- Cincinnati Hypro 104″ swing x 84″ under rail
- Horizontal Boring Mill
- Collet 6″ spindle x axis=72″ & axis=84″ z axis=14′-0″
- Collet 6″ spindle x axis=56″ & axis=84″ z axis=14′-il
- Drill Press
- American 5′ radial arm drill press
- Fosdick 6′ radial arm drill press
- Milling Machine
- Kearney & Trecker x axis=60″ y axis=16″ z axis=18″
- Fadal vertical machine center x axis=36″ y axis=16 z axis=16″
- LaGun x axis=46″ y axis=12 z axis=18″
- 100 ton vertical press
Because of the rising cost of new steel, repairing and rebuilding worn and/or corroded parts has become a necessity. Now more than ever, Alafab understands the value of a dollar, and has implemented a complete rebuilding/repairing program.
We specialize in carbon and abrasive resistance steel fabrications mainly for the dredging industry.